A source close to Jessica Simpson tells In Touch Weekly that she and her life coach fiancée are expecting their first child, ending weeks of speculation.
A Blind Gossip item from last week hinted Jess is with child:
This female star has certainly had her ups and downs. Her career has gone up and down and has expanded over more than one creative medium. She has dated at least three or four famous guys, has been married to and divorced from another celebrity, and is a tabloid staple. Depending on who you talk to and which day it is, she is either gorgeous or ugly. Well, we know one thing for sure: she is pregnant! She is seven weeks along, and you should expect the announcement within the next couple of weeks. She could wait longer, but she wants to avoid the criticisms about her fluctuating weight. She thinks it will be good for people to know that she "has a baby on board, rather than a burrito on board." Both she and her partner are very happy about the pregnancy. Oh, and they will be getting married, although the wedding will now happen after the baby is born.
I am going to make it easy for those of you contemplating whether Jessica or anyone else is pregnant with these easy cues:
1. Instead of meeting her for drinks at a cocktail bar she asks you to meet her at a food truck on the side of a highway that serves fried cheese sticks.
2. She is eating more than usual, and it doesn’t seem to be the result of a bad break-up or Taco Tuesday. Plus she is dipping her grilled cheese in yogurt or guacamole.
3. She’s no longer interested in wearing half shirts or thong bikinis. Her preferred evening attire involves a serape or the living room throw blanket.
4. She threw up in the middle of the day, and you are nowhere near Vegas.
5. She doesn’t like the sound of you breathing.
6. When you suggested a trip this spring to Napa Valley she punched you in the face.
7. She wants to go bra shopping at a camping store.
Hope this helps.
Kate Casey is a Pop Culture Lover. PR Pro. New mom. Comedy nerd. Celebrity gossip fan. Follow her on Twitter @KateCasey